The first edition of National Toy Fair will be starting from the 27th February 2021. It will conclude on 2nd March 2021 and it will be organized virtually.
- During the first edition of National Toy Fair, the Centre for Creative Learning, which is based in IIT Gandhinagar, will showcase its 75 toy creations in the fair.
- Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar is the only IIT in the country which is running this centre for creative learning.
- The Centre for Creative Learning helps in developing the scientific temperament in the students and teachers by developing various scientific and educational toys.
- The first edition of toy fair is being organised by Union Ministry of Textiles.
- Union Ministry of Education and ministry of commerce & industry has also associated to organise the fair.
- It will be organised with the aim to provide a joyful learning for the children.
- The toy fair will engage the children in teaching, learning and promoting indigenous toy industry.
- Some of the toys that Centre for Creative Learning will showcase includes:
- Robot made using a DC motor
- Hydraulic JCB controlled using syringes
- Easy learning of geometry through lamps
- Periscope to look beyond the wall
- Explaining textbook trigonometry through a sine wave car
- The National Toy Fair would also showcase 75 exhibition stalls of Education Ministry, NCERT, SCERT and Department of School Education and Literacy.
The idea of the National Toy Fair emerged from the PM Modi’s Mann Ki Baat address on 30th August 2020. PM Modi had highlighted the huge potential of toys market and the opportunities that can be used to promote indigenous toys. Recently, on 11th February 2021, the government of India had launched a website for the National toy fair (https://tai-india.org/home).
First-ever National Toy Fair First-ever National Toy Fair