The Chief Minister of Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal, has launched a campaign for promoting electric vehicles in the state. The campaign is ‘Switch Delhi’. Chief Minister has appealed to people to buy electric vehicles to reduce pollution in the city.
Points To Note
- Under this campaign, Delhi government will hire only electric vehicles for different purposes in the next six weeks.
- Chief Minister has urged big companies and delivery chains, market associations, resident welfare associations, malls, and cinema halls to promote electric vehicles.
- CM also urged them to set up charging stations at their premises.
- Other than this, through the ‘Switch Delhi’ campaign, Delhi government aims to create awareness about the advantages of using electric vehicles and how it can help in making Delhi clean and pollution-free.
- Under the electric vehicle policy, the government has planned to provide extensive subsidies on buying electric 2-wheelers and 4-wheelers.
- Delhi government also plans to waive-off road tax and registration charges for electric vehicles.
- Since the launch of the electric vehicle policy, over 6000 electric vehicles have been purchased.
- Delhi government has also issued tenders for setting up 100 charging stations across the city.
The government of Delhi has also set a target of 25 per cent electric vehicles among total vehicle registrations in Delhi by 2024.
Delhi Govt Launched Switch Delhi Campaign Delhi Govt Launched Switch Delhi Campaign