India’s largest Central Armed Police Force, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) signed a MoU with Indian Institute of Technology Delhi and DRDO to find technological solutions to the operational challenges faced by the organization.
There are 500 officers associated with Central Reserve Police Force. Memorandum of Understanding will enable these officers to undertake short-term courses in Defence Research and Development Organization and IIT Delhi and also pursue research work. These trained officers are to act as tech advisors to the CRPF.
Also, the chosen officials will participate in joint research projects with these institutes.
The main objective of the agreement is to equip the officers with knowledge to tackle challenges and meet operational needs and enhance competitive advantages.
MoU will be a big boost to the force as they are designated as the lead internal security force in india. Also, they are deployed in anti-Naxal operations in Left-Wing Extremism states. They are also deployed in the Kashmir valley to counter terrorism.
Central Reserve Police Force
CRPF is one of the largest armed forces of India. Ministry of Home Affairs operate CRPF. The other CRPF in India are as follows
- Assam Rifles: It is also called Cachar Levy. In 1835, Assam Rifles was established. They are deployed in securing India-Bangladesh border.
- Border Security Force (BSF): They are deployed to guard the borders with Bangladesh & Pakistan
- Indo Tibetan Border Police (ITBP): ITBP is a mountain force. The members of the force are trained mountaineers.
- National Security Guard (NSG): In 1984, NSG is a counter terrorism force that was formed after Operation Blue Star 1984.
- Shastra Seema Bal (SSB): In 1960, SSB was developed for stay-behind role during the events of war.
- Central Industrial Security Force (CISF): It provides security to space establishments, nuclear power plants and installations, airports, seaports, sensitive Govt buildings, power plants and heritage monuments
CRPF sign MoU with DRDO and IIT Delhi CRPF sign MoU with DRDO and IIT Delhi