Vladivostok (Russian territory) is the center of Primorsky Kray and Far East of Russia, located at the head of the Golden Horn Bay (Bay in Russia). Vladivostok is the home port of the Russian Pacific Fleet and is the largest Russian port (The Port of Vladivostok) on the Pacific coast. China claims Russian Territory Vladivostok
A ‘Twitter’ storm
• China’s internet users, including diplomats and officials, claim that Vladivostok (Russian territory) used to be a part of Mainland China.
• Mainland China claim it was Qing’s Manchurian homeland but was annexed by the Russian empire (Alexander II) in 1860 after Mainland China was defeated by the British and the French during the Second Opium war (the Second Anglo-Chinese War) 8 Oct 1856 – 18 Oct 1860.
• In China’s, the place where the Vladivostok is situated now a days has been known since the Qing dynasty as Haishenwai (Vladivostok)
• The modern day territory of Primorsky Krai (Russian krai), whose capital is Vladivostok, was formerly part of the Qing’s Manchurian homeland China.
• It was annexed by the Tsarist empire (The Russian Empire) in 1860 following Mainland China’s defeat at the hands of Britain and France in the Arrow War.
• In 1991, Moscow (Russia) and Beijing (China) began discussions to resolve their own territorial disputes, which nearly led to war in 1969, and concluded with a final agreement in 2008.
• Russia Federation agreed to cede a series of islands in the Ussuri (Wusuli) runs through Khabarovsk and Primorsky Krais, Russia, and the southeast region of Northeast Mainland China. and Amur (Heilong Jiang) rivers the world’s 10th longest river, forming the border between the Russian Far East and Northeastern Mainland China. as a result, but the status of Vladivostok (Russia) never arose during the talks.
What does Russia want?
Russia Federation is selling arms to India (MIG21) as it tries to maintain a balance of power between India and Mainland China. Sino soviet split 1960s (was the breaking of political relations between the People’s Republic of China and the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics) Long border (~4200 km) Direct threat from China in future ?
China claims Russian Territory Vladivostok