Recently, Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index was released by the Economist Intelligence Unit. This index measures the readiness in adopting the personalised healthcare of 11 health systems in the Asia-Pacific region.
Points To Note
- The newly launched index measures the progress of a health system towards personalised healthcare.
- It evaluated the 11 health systems in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The health systems that were evaluated includes: India, the People’s Republic of China, Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, Indonesia, South Korea, and New Zealand.
- The index measured the performance across 27 indicators of the personalised health across four categories that are called as the ‘Vital Signs’.
- The 4 vital signs include Policy Context, Health Information, Personalised Technologies and Health Services.
Highlights of the report
- The Report highlights that Singapore was the best performer among all the 11 health systems.
- Taiwan (Republic of China) bagged the second position while Japan, and Australia stands at the 3rd and the 4th position of the index respectively.
- India was ranked at 10th out of 11 health systems.
- Indonesia was ranked last at 11th position
Though, India was ranked at 10th overall. But in the 4 vital categories India’s rank is- 10th in the health information indicator, 11th in the health services, 9th in the Personalised Technologies indicator while 5th in the Policy Context indicator.
The Economist Intelligence Unit
EIU is the research and analysis division of Economist Group. It provides the forecasting and advisory services by doing research and analysis. It provides- five-year country economic forecasts, monthly country reports, country risk service reports and industry reports. It has several offices around the world including 2 offices in China and one in Hong Kong.
It is the part of the world in the Western Pacific Ocean. This part varies in area on the basis of context, but it generally includes the Oceania, East Asia, South Asia and Southeast Asia.
Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index 2021 Asia-Pacific Personalised Health Index 2021