The 3rd edition of Arab-India Cooperation Forum was held virtually on 12th January 2021. The Senior Officials Meeting of Arab-India Cooperation Forum was co-chaired by Ambassador Mohamed Abu Al-Kheir, Assistant Foreign Minister and Permanent Representative of Egypt to the League of Arab States, and Sanjay Bhattacharyya, Secretary. The Other senior officials from India and the Arab States also participated in the meeting. Arab League-India Cooperation Forum
Points To Note
- The Senior Officials appreciated the ties between the India and Arab World. They also highlighted that the Forum can play a pivotal role in enhancing Arab-India bilateral relations.
- The Senior officials restated the need for political solutions for regional issues in the Middle East as per the relevant international resolutions, agreements and references.
- They discussed ways to increase cooperation in the Arab-India Cooperation Forum in the areas of energy and environment; economy, trade and investment; tourism and culture; agriculture and food security; education and health care; human resources development; science and technology, and media.
- They also agreed to early scheduling of the activities of the Arab-India Cooperation Forum including the Symposium on Arab-India Cooperation in the field of Energy,
- 3rd Session of the Arab-India Cultural Festival
- 1st Arab-India University Presidents Conference
- 6th Session of Arab-India Partnership Conference
- 2nd Symposium on Arab-India Cooperation in the field of Media.
The Arab-India Cooperation Forum
The first ministerial meeting of the forum was held in January in 2016 at Manama in Bahrain. During the meeting, Manama Declaration was adopted by both sides. The Manama Declaration aims to end human trafficking.
Arab League-India Cooperation Forum