A new AI (Artificially Intelligent) “mathematician” which is called as the “Ramanujan Machine” have the potential to reveal the hidden relationships between numbers.
Points To Note
- The Ramanujan machine comprises of the algorithms that seek out the mathematical conclusions. These mathematical conclusions are likely to be true but have not been proved.
- The set of algorithms has been named after the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan.
- The new Artificially intelligent mathematician has been designed to pull out promising mathematical patterns from large sets of potential equations.
- It has been designed with the goal to identify the promising conjectures in the first place.
About Srinivasa Ramanujan
- Srinivasa Ramanujan was Born in 1887. Ramanujan was a child prodigy who put forward many mathematical conjectures and proofs.
- Ramanujan has also put forward the solutions to equations that had never before been solved or considered unsolved.
- Ramanujan was an Indian mathematician lived during the Indian British Rule.
- Ramanujan had no formal training in pure mathematics but he made substantial contributions to mathematical analysis, infinite series, number theory and continued fractions.
- Ramanujan initially developed his own mathematical research in isolation and compiled around 3900 results.
- In the year 1918, he was elected as a Fellow of The Royal Society London.
- Ramanujan thus became the second Indian man to be inducted in the Royal Society of London after the marine engineer Ardaseer Cursetjee in the year 1841.
- Ramanujan died in 1920.
- Srinivasa Ramanujan had an innate feel for numbers and he kept his eyes for patterns
In the machine learning, an algorithm detects the patterns in large amounts of data. The detection of pattern is done with minimal direction from programmers. Machine learning finds its use in a variety of pattern-finding applications. It is used in the image recognition as well as in the discovery of drug.
AI Ramanujan Machine Can find Hidden Patterns in Numbers AI Ramanujan Machine Can find Hidden Patterns in Numbers