67th National Film Awards winners list were announced on 22nd March 2021. This award ceremony was delayed by a year amid the coronavirus.
The National Film Awards ceremony is organised on 3rd May every year. However, the ceremony was not organised in 2020 due to nationwide lockdown. The winners were finally announced on 22nd March during a press conference at the National Media Centre in New Delhi.
In 2021, there were a total of 461 films in the Feature Film category and 220 films in the Non-Feature Film category. The entries were from the 13 states in the most film-friendly states.
List of Winners
- The Most film-friendly state award was given to Sikkim
- Best Book on Cinema award was given to “A Gandhian Affair: India’s Curious Portrayal of Love in Cinema” by Sanjay Suri.
- The Best Film Critic was given to Sohini Chattopadhyay.
- In the non-features film category, the Best Narration award was given to Wild Karnataka by Sir David Attenborough
- The Best Editing award was given to‘Shut Up Sona’ by Arjun Gourisaria.
- The Best Audiography was conferred to Radha (Musical), Allwin Rego and Sanjay Maurya.
- The Best On-Location Sound Recordist award was conferred to Rahas (Hindi) by Saptarshi Sarkar.
- The Best Cinematography award was given to Sonsi by Savita Singh.
- The Best Direction award was given to Knock Knock Knock (English/Bengali) by Sudhanshu Saria.
- The Best Short Fiction Film award was given toCustody.
- The Special Jury Award was given to Small Scale Societies.
- The Best Animation Film award was given to Radha (Musical).
66th National Film Award
The Awards celebrate the excellence in films. The ceremony is organised every year. In 2019, 66th National Film Awards were organised. In the 66th edition, Uri: The Surgical Strike movie had won four awards.
67th National Film Awards Complete list