As per the data provided by the Union Finance Ministry on 20th June 2020, through Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP), a total of 42 crore citizens across the country have received Financial Aid of Rs 65,454 crore to date. The amount was distributed in the three forms, – (i) Through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) to beneficiaries such as Women Jhan Dhan account holders, senior citizens/differently-abled/widows registered under Below Poverty Line (BPL), farmers (PM-KISAN), etc (ii) Providing free Foodgrains to all families registered as BPL cardholders, and (iii) By providing free LPG cylinder to women registered under Ujjwala Yojana.
Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package (PMGKP)
This package was announced by Finance Minister on 26th March 2020. The package was announced for providing economic support at the time of nationwide lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic for the financially weaker section of the society. A total of Rs 1.70 lakh Crore was announced under the package (PMGKP). 42 Crore Poor received Financial Aid of Rs 65454 Crore under PMGKP
Major Highlights from Rs 65,454 Crore Distribution
- 8.52 Crore LPG cylinders distributed under Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in April and May.
- In April, 113 lakh metric tonnes of food grains were lifted by all states and union territories in a combine.
- 5.8 lakh metric tonnes of pulses allocated for all states and union territories for distribution for 3 months from April to June.
- Rs 2814.5 Crore provided to 2.81 crore beneficiaries (senior citizens, widows and differently-abled persons).
- Rs 17,891 Crore under 1st payment for the FY 2020-21 to PM-KISAN beneficiaries.
- In 3 separate installments, 20.62 crore women Jan Dhan account holders were credited with Rs 500 in each Installment. A total of Rs 10,315 Crore was transferred in each installment. 42 Crore Poor received Financial Aid of Rs 65454 Crore under PMGKP