30 April is observed as a Ayushman Bharat Diwas every year in India.
Ayushman Bharat Diwas celebrated
The day is celebrated to achieve twin missions. They are to promote health and wellness to the poor and also to provide insurance benefits to them.
About Ayushman Bharat Scheme
- The Ayushman Bharat Scheme was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in April 2018.
- According to the Union Health Ministry, the Ayushman Bharat Scheme has so far operationalised 75,532 Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centre. It has fixed a target of 1.5 lakh Health and Wellness Centre by 2022.
- The beneficiaries are chosen from the Socio-Economic Census Database.
- It is the largest health cover in the world.
- It aims to provide Rupees 5 lakh of health cover per family per year.
- The beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is from bottom 40 per cent of Indian Population.
- The scheme also covers fifteen days of pre-hospitalisation and fifteen days of post-hospitalisation. This includes the expenses of medicines and tests.
- The Ayushman Bharat Scheme subsumed the Senior Citizen Health Insurance Scheme and Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana.
- The scheme has packages that include knee replacement, bypass and other treatments provided at 15 per cent cheaper than the Union Government Health Schemes.
- This initiative was started to provide employment to the unemployed. More than 10 lakh jobs were created under the Ayushman Mitra initiative. The Ayushman Mitras were deployed directly in private hospitals and government hospitals.
- The youth employed under the scheme will receive salary of Rupees 15,000. Also, they receive incentive of Rupees 50 on every beneficiary.
- The Ayushman Mitras should provide key information to the beneficiaries. They should inform the state agency after the discharge of the patient.
30 April Ayushman Bharat Diwas