28 July World Nature Conservation Day is celebrated yearly. World Conservation Day is celebrated internationally to increase awareness about the best practices to protect our natural resources. The planet is supplied a limited amount of properties that we all rely upon each day like water, air, soil and trees.
What are the steps to conserve the environment?
- Use of alternative energy such as solar and wind energy.
- Plant more trees to maintain the ecosystem and to prevent soil erosion.
- Use the water resources in a proper way and reuse the kitchen water for watering the gardens.
- Grow vegetation in catchment areas.
- Reduce the usage of electricity.
- Use recyclable and biodegradable products.
- Ensure the recycling of wastes.
- Try to minimize the use of cars for a shorter distance.
- Use paper bags or cloth bag instead of plastic bags.
- Grow your own vegetables by using organic compost.
- Install water treatment plants and rainwater harvesting.
28 July World Nature Conservation Day