In 2021 27th March observed as a Earth Hour in the world.
- Earth Hour
- Earth Hour is the World Wildlife Fund for Nature annual initiative that began in the year 2007.
- It is held annually on the last Saturday of March.
- It encourages people from more than 180 countries to switch off the lights from 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm as per their local time.
- The idea is to refrain from the use of non-essential lighting to save energy in a symbolic call for environmental protection.
- The Earth Hour has become a catalyst for positive environmental impact, driving major legislative changes by harnessing the power of the people and collective action.
- It helped to create a 3.5 million hectare marine-protected area in Argentina.
- It helped to Ban all plastics in the Galapagos in the year2014.
- It helped to Plant 17 million trees in Kazakhstan.
- It helped to Light up homes with solar power in India and the Philippines.
- It helped to Push new legislation for the protection of seas and forests in Russia.
World Wildlife Fund for Nature
- The world’s leading conservation organization (World Wildlife Fund for Nature) and works in more than 100 countries.
- It was established in the year 1961 and is headquarter located in Gland, Switzerland
- To conserve nature and reduce the most pressing threats to the diversity of life on Earth.
- Other Initiatives
- TX2 Goal
- Living Planet Report
27 March Earth Hour 27 March Earth Hour