Union Agriculture Minister has formally inaugurated the Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021 on 26th February 2021 at Noida Haat. On this occasion, Minister of State for Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, Kailash Choudhary, was also present.
- Agriculture Minister while inaugurating the event highlighted that the Ministry of Rural Development is working to include more women under the Self-Help Groups.
- Tomar also said that, the SHGs has always played a vital role to increase the family income. It has also improved the quality of life for them.
About Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021
The Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021 was started on 26th February 2021 and will conclude on 14th March 2021. It is being organised by Union Ministry of Rural Development. In the event, more than 300 rural self-help groups and craftsman from 27 states have participated. It is being organised from 11AM to 8PM daily.
SARAS Aajeevika Mela
- SARAS Aajeevika Mela was started by Union Ministry of Rural Development and Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission.
- The event was launched with the objective of bringing the rural women Self Help Groups, which are formed with the help & support of DAY-NRLM, under one platform.
- This platform provides the Self Help Groups Women to showcase their skills and sell their products. It helps them to build their linkages with bulk buyers.
- Through the event, the rural Self Help Groups women are exposed at the vital national level that in turn help them to understand the demand and taste of the urban customers.
- The event is organised by “Council for Advancement of People’s Action and Rural Technology (CAPART)” which is the marketing arm of Ministry.
- Under the event, workshops are conducted for the rural Self Help Groups women. This workshop helps them to boost their knowledge and sharpen their skills in bookkeeping, product design, GST, packaging, communication skills, marketing or e-marketing etc.
2021 Saras Aajeevika Mela Starts at Noida Haat 2021 Saras Aajeevika Mela Starts at Noida Haat