In 2021, the 18th edition of BioAsia will be held from 22 to 23 February 2021. Theme for BioAsia 2021 is : ‘Move the Needle’.
Points To Note
- For 2021, the BioAsia event will focus on Covid-19, pharma, medtech and global health.
- The event would comprise of a wide array of panels.
- The panel will focussing on how Covid-19 has resulted into various changes in the life sciences industry.
- The 18th BioAsia will provide a platform to discuss on topics of importance for the life sciences industry.
- One of the sessions of the 18th BioAsia will be focusing on the prospects of Medical Technologies that is becoming the next big opportunity for India.
- The medical technologies have the potential to accelerate the journey for India from being an importer to become a large-scale exporter.
- The event will also have analysis on the supply chain resilience, access to innovative medicines and innovation & research.
This event is significant because, India is all set to become the world’s most populous country in the world. With the increase in the population, the burden of disease is also increasing. Thus, this becomes important because, it is attended by the investors, researchers, start-ups, conglomerates and health care representatives who discuss the needs of evolving Life Science industry. Further, the event would give a boost to India’s biotechnology sector.
India’s Biotechnology Sector
India has become the 3rd largest biotechnology destination in the Asia Pacific region. India have more than 500 US Food and Drug Administration approved Indian owned biotechnology plants which is the second highest number across the world. The country is also the largest supplier of vaccines of BCG, DPT and measles.
18th edition of BioAsia 2021