Recently education minister, addressed the 16th edition of FICCI Higher Education Summit on 25th February 2021. The Education summit is being organised in New Delhi from 25th to 27th February 2021. While addressing the summit Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank said it will make India the knowledge capital of the world.
- The new policy allows the students to be more creative in their respective fields since it focuses on entrepreneurship, innovation and skill development.
- Ramesh Pokhriyal also said, the centre is looking for a greater private sector participation and has planned to increase the number of Institutes of Eminence from 20 to 50.
- Minister also said, government of India values the private players and will encourage them for value creation in education.
- It will also confer IoE status to 25 select private institutions.
- Institutes of Eminence enjoy the administrative, academic and financial autonomy so as to compete at the global level.
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry was established in 1927 and it is the largest and oldest apex business organisation of the country. It is a non-government, NPO which acts as the voice of business and industry in India. The FICCI is involved in the engaging with policy makers & civil society and encouraging debate. FICCI serves as the members from the Indian private & public corporate sectors. FICCI also provides the platform for networking and consensus building across sectors. It is the first port of call for the Indian industry, international business community and policy makers.
About Institutes of Eminence
The Institutes of Eminence is a recognition scheme for the higher education institutes of India. This recognition is set by University Grants Commission (UGC) in the year 2017. The plan is to include 20 institutions out of which 16 have already been declared Institutes of Eminence. The institutes which are recognised as Institutes of Eminence are granted more autonomy with respect to administration and academics.
16th edition of FICCI Higher Education Summit