Jagdeep Dhankhar Governor of West Bengal inaugurated the 11th edition of ‘Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav’ on 14th February 2021.
Points To Note
- The event was inaugurated in the presence of Minister of State for Culture and Tourism, Prahlad Singh Patel.
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav was inaugurated at Cooch Behar Palace in West Bengal.
- 10th editions of the festival have successfully been organised ever since the festival was started in November 2015.
- These ten editions were organised in Delhi, Bengaluru, Varanasi, Tawang, Karnataka, Gujarat, Tehri and Madhya Pradesh.
About Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav is a flagship festival of the Ministry of culture and tourism.
- The event is organized since 2015.
- It witnesses the active participation of 7 Zonal Culture Centres.
- These 7 zonal centres play a key role in taking the vibrant culture of India to the masses rather than confining it to auditoria and galleries.
- This festival showcases the folk and tribal art, music, dance, cuisines and culture of one state in other states.
- Thus, it helps in reinforcing the goal of “Ek Bharat Shreshtha Bharat”.
- Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav also provided an effective platform for the artists and artisans to support their livelihood.
11th edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav
In 2021 is witnessing the 11th edition of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav. The festival is being held in between 14th to 28th February, 2021 in West Bengal. It will be organised at Cooch Behar in between 14th to 16th February, 2021, at Darjeeling in between 22nd to 24th February, 2021 while at Murshidabad in between 27th to 28th February, 2021. This edition is significant in the light of coronavirus that has severely impacted the cultural sector. Through this event support and assistance will be provided to the artists by the union ministry of culture.