Securities and Exchange Board of India is planning to set up a virtual museum of the securities market to highlight achievements and milestones in the Indian capital market. Sebi has invited Expression of Interest (initial transaction documents) from agencies to develop the virtual museum.
- SEBI Virtual museum is intended to be a visual online organised collection of history of evolution, achievements and milestones in the Indian securities market over the decades in terms of market infrastructure, regulation and enforcement, among others.
- The achievements will be told through photos, videos, articles, media clippings, an interactive display like quiz, paintings, drawings, diagrams, graphs, newspaper articles, transcripts of interviews and numerical databases, among others.
- Information pertaining to the history of securities laws as well as the establishment of stock exchanges in India and history of institutions important to the securities market, including Unit Trust of India and Forward Market Commission, would be used as content for the proposed museum.
- Besides, Data related to developments on account of events such as world war, independence of India and economic liberalisation would be exhibited through audio/video/images/articles/artworks on the virtual museum.
- SEBI museum will engage the audience with creative content through various means like video, audio, chatbot, voice assistants, virtual reality, analytics, interactive and animated elements.
- Latest technologies analytics, virtual reality or augmented reality, artificial intelligence and machine to machine communication would be used to provide the best possible showcase and experience.
- Apart from English, the online platform should be able to develop and deliver content in Hindi and other Indian languages.