The Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi will participate in outreach sessions of United Kingdom led G7 virtual summit in Cornwall in June 2021.
- Prime Minister Modi is expected to join G7 summit on 12 and 13 June. This is the 2nd time that Indian PM will participate in G7 meet.
- India was invited by G7 French Presidency in the year 2019 to Biarritz Summit as a “Goodwill Partner”.
- In the year 2019, Prime Minister Modi had participated in sessions on “Climate, Biodiversity & Oceans” and “Digital Transformation”.
- In 2021 summit, India, Australia and South Korea are other special invitees.
- The Guest leaders will also be invited to take part in certain sessions of Group of 7 meeting which will be presided by United Kingdom. The session will be made up of Canada, Italy, USA, France, Germany, Japan and European Union.
G7 summit 2021
The 47th edition of G7 summit is scheduled for June 11 to June 13, 2021 in the United Kingdom which also holds presidency of the G7 this year. Leaders of seven G7 member states and representatives of European Union will participate in the summit. The President of European Commission has been a permanently welcome participant for all G7 meetings and decision-making since 1981. 47th G7 Summit will be the first summit for Japanese PM Yoshihide Suga, Italian PM Mario Draghi and USA President Joe Biden.
PM Modi to attend G7 Summit PM Modi to attend G7 Summit