The State government of Delhi has launched “Mukhyamantri COVID-19 Pariwar Aarthik Sahayata Yojana” to provide financial assistance to the families who lost a member due to Covid-19.
Significance of the scheme
- According to notification by Social Welfare Department, Rupees 50,000 ex-gratia will be provided to every family that has lost a member amid COVID-19.
- A pension of Rupees 2,500 monthly would also be given to those families that lost the sole breadwinner to covid-19.
- Delhi Government will also consider single member of affected family to be enrolled as civil defence volunteer.
- UT Government will also look after health and education needs of dependent children.
Conditions to get ex-gratia
- There is no income criterion to apply to get ex-gratia under this scheme. However, deceased and dependant should be from Delhi.
- To get the ex-gratia, death should be certified as COVID-19 death or death within one month of testing positive with Covid-19.
The Announcement to bring such scheme was announced by Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on 18th May 2021. He also promised free education and financial assistance to children who lost one or both parents.
Mukhyamantri Covid-19 Pariwar Aarthik Sahayata Yojana launched