Highlights

Khadi and Village Industries Commission Proposed and approved by Nitin Gadkari the Minister of MSME, Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanirbhar Mission is all set to generate employment for the local artisans making India self-reliant in agarbatti production.

Aim

The set programme is dedicated to creating employment for unemployed and migrant workers nationwide while increasing domestic agarbatti production substantially. Previous month itself the proposal was submitted to the MSME Ministry. Upon its implementation, numerous jobs will be created in the Agarbatti industry.

Govt support

The scheme is designed by Khadi and Village Industries Commission on PPP mode where a bilateral agreement will be signed between KVIC and the Private Agarbatti manufacturer for the successful running of the project. Under the scheme, the automatic machine and powder mixing machine will be provided by the KVIC to the artisans through the successful private Agarbatti manufacturers.

These manufacturers will sign the agreement as business partners. Boosting Prime Minister Modi’s vision of vocal for local, KVIC has decided to procure only locally made machines by Indian manufacturers which also aims at encouraging local production.

A subsidy of 25 per cent on the cost of the machines will be provided by the KVIC the remaining 75 per cent will be recovered from the artisans in easy instalments every month. As per the agreement the business partner will provide the raw material to the artisans for making Agarbatti and will pay them wages on a job work basis.

Facts box

One Automatic Agarbatti making machine makes approximately 80 Kilo gram of Aggarbatti each day thus providing direct employment to 4 persons. 5 such automatic agarbatti making machine requires one powder mixing machine which further provides employment to 2 persons.

Revenue

The current market rare rate for Agarbatti making is Rs 15/kg. Taking the current rate in consideration four artisans working on one Automatic machine will earn a minimum of Rs 1200/day by manufacturing 80 kilogram of Agarbatti.

And each artisan will earn a fixed amount of Rs. 250/day while working on a powder mixing machine. The wages to the artisans and labourers will be provided by the business partners directly in their accounts through Direct Benefits Transfer.

Utilization

The current consumption of incense sticks nationwide is 1490 Metric Ton/day. however, the country’s daily production is just 760 Metric Ton. Therefore this huge gap between the demand and the supply will create immense scope for job creation.

Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanirbhar Mission Launched Khadi Agarbatti Aatmanirbhar Mission Launched