The Government of India has planned to link e-court with land records and registration base in order to help bonafide buyers know if land is under any legal dispute.
- As of now, pilot project on linking eCourt with land records and registration database has been completed in these states Uttar Pradesh, Maharashtra and Haryana.
- The Department of Justice under Law Ministry has urged the registrars general of all high courts to provide clearance to state governments in order to integrate land records & registration database with e-Courts & National Judicial Data Grid for faster disposal of property disputes.
- 8 courts have responded including Tripura, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Mizoram, Nagaland, and Himachal Pradesh.
Significance of eCourt-land record linking
- The eCourt- land record linking will reduce dubious transactions.
- It will also help in dispute containment and reduce clogging of court’s system.
Why this linking was done?
According to Department of Justice, “registration of property easily and transparently” is a parameter evaluated by World Bank to assess performance of 190 global economies on Ease of Doing Business Index. Thus, to comply with this index, linking was done.
Which nodal department will register the property?
Department of Land Resources is responsible for registering property index.
National Judicial Data Grid
- It was launched in the year 2015, is a part of e-Courts Integrated Mission Mode Project.
- National Judicial Data Grid was launched with the aim of tracking judicial performance across different courts in India.
- It is working as National data warehouse for case data like orders or judgments for Courts.
- It acts as a monitoring tool to identify, manage & reduce pendency of cases.
- NJDC will also help in providing timely inputs on policy decisions to reduce delay in the system & facilitate better monitoring of court performance.
- National Judicial Data Grid has helped India in improve its ranking in World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business Report.
GoI to link e-courts with land records GoI to link e-courts with land records