GOI announces higher procurement/minimum support prices for all major kharif crops.
Gourang Chakraborty (born 16 June 1950), better known by his stage name Mithun Chakraborty (informally referred to as Mithun Da), is an Indian film actor, singer, producer, writer, social worker, entrepreneur, television presenter and a former Rajya Sabha Member of Parliament.
Imtiaz Ali (born 16 June 1971 in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand) is an Indian film director, producer and writer. He started his career with writing and directing television shows. He directed shows like Imtehaan, Naina and Kurukshetra.
Amaal Mallik is an Indian music director, singer and lyricist in the Hindi film industry hailing from a musical family. He is the grandson of Sardar Malik; he is the son of Daboo Malik and Jyothi Malik; brother of singer Armaan Malik and nephew of music composer and singer Anu Malik.
Hemanta Mukherjee also known as Hemant Kumar (16 June 1920 – 26 September 1989); was an Indian music director and singer who sang in Bengali, Hindi and other Indian languages. He was an artist of Rabindra Sangeet.
Vrajesh Hirjee (born 16 June 1971) is a prominent actor who is well known for his comic roles in Hindi movies. He is a well-known television and theatre personality. He made his debut on TV in the comedy show Tea Time Manoranjan (1994)
1946 Britain invites Indian leaders to set up an interim govt at London.
1946 C. Rajagopalchari became the Governor of West Bengal (1947) in Interim Government.
1946 Cabinet Mission negotiations were discontinued. Viceroy proposed Interim Government.
1951 Nehru opponents founded People’s party at New Delhi.
1990 GOI announces higher procurement/minimum support prices for all major kharif crops.
- 1858 Abraham Lincoln says “A house divided against itself cannot stand” accepting Illinois Republican Party’s nomination for the Senate
- 1880 Salvation Army forms in London
- 1904 Bloomsday (date of events in James Joyce’s Ulysses)
- 1935 US Congress accepts FDR’s “New Deal”
- 2000 Israel complies with UN Security Council Resolution 425 after 22 years, which calls on Israel to completely withdraw from Lebanon. Israel withdraws from all of Lebanon, except the disputed Sheba Farms